WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
If you thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment, can simultaneously have a commitment for excellence, hospitality, multi-task, and remain positive and upbeat, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a talented Back of House Manager with a passion for service and a commitment to helping the restaurant run smoothly, for both the back of house team and our guests.
You will work hand in hand with the Front of House manager and report to the owners.
The Back of House Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of the kitchen as well as help in special events and ghost kitchen operations. They are responsible for supervising back of house staff and for reporting to ownership.
• Control the day-to-day culinary operations of the venue within the policies and guidelines set forth by the company, including the assurance of appropriate levels of staffing.
• Maintain a professional company image, including kitchen cleanliness, proper uniforms and appearance standards.
• Maintain updated and accurate costing and documentation of all dishes prepared and sold in the food and beverage operations.
• Work with ownership and management on coordinating menus for regular business activities, specials, and events
• Establish procedures and timeframes for conducting inventory. Determine minimum and maximum stocks for all food, material, and kitchen equipment.
• Maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, kitchen inventory and equipment, (2) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (3) to minimize waste and pilferage.
• Ensure that all kitchen equipment, including but not limited to sinks, stoves, grills, hoods, coolers, freezers, etc., are in proper operational condition and are cleaned on a regular basis. Ensure that all kitchen areas and related storerooms are cleaned, mopped, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volume and in accordance with sanitation and health department requirements. Notify Maintenance Manager immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
• Resolve issues of employee conflict, irate customers, and wrong stock orders with a quick solution.
• Rally staff during heavy shifts, resolving conflicts and getting the job done.
• Interact with guests, being friendly and courteous, to resolve service issues or concerns.
• Ensure the kitchen staff provides consistent product and service standards of the highest quality.
• Control BOH food costs through appropriate ordering, maintaining weekly inventory, reviewing financial reports and taking appropriate actions.
• Accurately and easily communicate standards and cooking methods to staff, give orders and speak with customers clearly.
• Ensure a safe working environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents.
• Maintain kitchen organization and cleanliness in compliance with Company and Health Department standards.
• Create, organize, and keep work schedules, shipments, cleaning schedules and more.
• Recruit, interview and hire supervisory and hourly team members; supervise and motivate; take disciplinary action and recommend terminating hourly team members when necessary.
• Train employees, as assigned, in an ongoing basis.
• Lead by example to other team members and mentor new staff.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• A high school diploma or GED equivalent required. Culinary arts courses/certifications or related degree preferred.
• Two (2) to four (4) years experience of supervising and/or managing kitchen staff and working with inventory and food ordering, in a high-volume kitchen.
• Exude confidence in cooking skills and abilities.
• Attention to detail
• Good people management skills, communication and listening skills.
• Proven ability to lead a team and communicate efficiently, both verbally and in writing.
• Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
• Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
• Must be internally motivated and detail oriented and have a passion for teaching others.
• Exceptional time management and organization skills.
• Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays.