Front of House Manager
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
If you thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment, can simultaneously have a commitment for excellence, hospitality, multi-task, and remain positive and upbeat, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a talented Front of House Manager with a passion for service and a commitment to helping the restaurant run smoothly, for both the Front of House team and our guests.
You will work hand in hand with the Kitchen manager and report to the owners.
The Front of House Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation and management of the restaurant as well as help in catering operations. They are responsible for supervising front of house staff and for reporting to ownership.
- Manage a team of front of house staff including scheduling, training, and general supervision.
- Conduct training of employees on proper service practices on an ongoing basis, providing feedback to improve when necessary.
- Ensure the FOH staff provides consistent product and service standards of the highest quality.
- Control FOH inventory costs through appropriate ordering, maintaining weekly inventory, reviewing financial reports and taking appropriate actions.
- Ensure that all cash-handling policies and procedures are followed by all staff in cash-handling positions.
- Uphold our standards of service by consistently and creatively appeasing to guest needs.
- Oversee that all opening and closing duties of the store are completed correctly and that cleanliness and order are maintained.
- Balance all daily and nightly cash drawers and POS.
- Conduct inventory and maintenance of par levels for front of house.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests and excellent leadership to employees.
- Enforce and monitor all health, safety, and sanitation standards in their area.
- Handle guest complaints according to provided guidelines.
- Work closely with the Ownership and Back of House Manager to create specials, events, and overall to provide a seamless experience.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to timely identify and resolve basic issues as they arise.
- Ability to stand on feet for extended periods of time in varied climate conditions.
- Ability to understand, comply with, and ensure from all staff, proper food handling techniques according to state and local serving guidelines.
- Ability to remain composed and compassionate, even during stressful situations.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Scheduled days and times may vary based on business needs.
- Ability to carry and lift up to 50 lbs at times.
- 2+ years restaurant experience preferred
- SERV Safe training preferred
- Alcohol training preferred
- Experience using POS systems preferred experience with Square is a plus
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays.